This will be a relatively brief post!
Since 2015, after exchange, every year has been a year of intense travelling, with a heavy toll on my pockets. But things have started to change! If you haven’t noticed, air tickets are getting cheaper! Yes, CHEAPER! So stop contemplating and go for your long awaited getaway!
This February, I went to Seoul for 6 days. Last I went was close to 4 or 5 years ago. I got my ticket on Thai Airways for only $437.40 which I felt was pretty cheap as compared to the airlines that I usually flew. Thai Airways is a full fledged airline under Star Alliance, providing royal quality services and great food!
The following shows my Itinerary for the 6 days in Seoul (excluding arrival day), more details on each day will be on separate blog posts! Although we went out after 12 noon almost every day, I think we managed to cover a lot!
- Arrival @ 8pm
- Head to Airbnb
- Supper: Mandu Tang (Dumpling Soup), Soondubu Jjigae (tofu stew)
- Lunch @ Two Two Chicken
- Myeong Dong Shopping (Cosmetics) and Street Food
- Dongdaemun Shopping
- DongWha Duty Free @ Dongdaemun
- Dinner: Bibimbap, Rabokki (Ramen in Tteokbokki)
- Lunch: Odeng (Fishcakes on stick), Gimbap (rolled rolls), Tteokbokki
- Hanbok Rental (for 4 hours) @ Oneday Hanbok
- Hanbok Picture Taking @ Gyeongbokgung, Bukchon Hanok Village
- Lotte Mart Duty Free Shopping (for snacks and souvenirs)
- Dinner: Samgyeopsal BBQ (Pork Belly)
- Lunch @ Simpson Tang: Budae Jjigae
- Racoon Café
- Noryangjin Fish Market (try raw seafood!)
- Express Bus Terminal Shopping
- Dinner @ Loco Quan 401 Restaurant: Samgyeopsal BBQ
- Lunch @ Gwangjang Market: Kalguksu (handmade Knifecut Noodles), Naengmyeon (Cold Noodles), sundae (blood sausage)
- Ewha Women University Visiting
- Chilling & Shopping at Ewha
- Hong Dae Visiting
- Dinner: Mandu Tang, kimchi-bokkeum-bap
- Breakfast: Odeng, (Takeaway Gimbap)
- Lotte World Theme Park
- Dinner: Cup Noodles
- Lunch @ Namdaemun: Hotteok (filled Korean pancake), Gamekol Son Wangmandu
- Namdaemun Shopping
- Sungnyemun Gate @ Namdaemun
- Last minute Myeong Dong cosmetic shopping
- Express Bus to Airport @ 5.30pm
- $437.40 – Air Tickets
- $185 – Airbnb
- $400+ – Food
- $600+ – Cosmetic Stocking Up and Shopping
So if you don’t spend so much, you can complete Seoul with a relatively low budget. Try eating at not so touristy places to pay significantly lesser!